The bite was on at the 3rd annual Marina Pez Vela Open
The Marina Pez Vela Open champions were Team Perfieta aboard the boat Perfieta.
The bite was on for the 3rd annual Marina Pez Vela Open, held at Marina Pez Vela in Quepos, Costa Rica on April 26 and 27. In total, 22 teams vied for top honors in the two-day tournament. There were 392 billfish releases during this warm-up to the Offshore World Championship and the second leg of the Marina Pez Vela Championship Series. Like so many tournaments, it was successfully converting the “doubles” and “triples” which put the winning teams on the podium.
- MPV Open Champion, Team Perfieta aboard Perfieta
- 2nd Place, Team International Roosterfish Tournament aboard Frenzy
- 3rd Place, Team Hog Wild aboard Hog Wild
- Small Boat Division Winner, Team Kelly Dawn aboard Kelly Dawn
- Top Angler, Shari Burrow aboard Game Plan
- Top Female Angler - Shari Burrow aboard Game Plan
- Top Meat Fish Big Boat Division, Sam Worden from Team Wet Dream aboard Gamefisher II
- Top Meat Fish Small Boat Division, Andres Rodriguez from Team MPV Yacht Yard aboard Los Gatos
- Sea Hawk Paint 44th billfish Release: The Hooker
- Sea Hawk Paint 77th billfish Release: Nsatiabill
Game Plan was the Championship Series 2019 winner.