Our annual roosterfish tournament is back for 2023.
Any and all non-competing guests and sponsors of the Championship are invited to fish together in search of prize-winning roosterfish.
The range of prices for boats runs from $560 to $650 and can have 4 to 5 people per boat.
Anglers who catch the largest roosterfish (in inches) and most fish win trophies from King Sailfish Mounts, to be presented at Friday's gala awards dinner.
Included: Drinks, fruit, tackle, captain and a mate. Tips not included.
Needs: Shirt/shorts, shoes/sandals, sunblock, sunglasses, hat or visor
Price: $560-650 per boat (min 4 anglers / max 5 anglers - tournament staff can pair up any single anglers)
For all of the tours or to book the boats for the roosterfish tournament with MARINA Guest center at: [email protected] or [email protected]
For non-fishing actvities, try out the catamaran tours, segway tours, standup paddleboarding, jet ski tours, bike rentals, boat rentals and other options available at marinapezvela.com. Alcides Alfaro is the activities contact at Marina Pez Vela, available at [email protected].
CANOPY ZIP LINE AND RAPPEL
- Longest lines in the area
- In accordance with international safety standards
- 9 lines, 14 platforms
- Safety gear – harness, double pulley, three safety lines, gloves, helmet and automatic & semi-automatic carabineers (Apex Rock and Petzl equipment)
- Two controlled rappels (belays)
- Minimum walking, plus kid-friendly
- Kids ages 4-plus welcome!
- Homemade Costa Rican lunch included
- Transportation provided
- Hanging bridge
- Includes a Hands-Free Braking System
- Regular Tour zip line + Rappel: $85 per person
- Regular Tour Zip line + Rappel + Superman: $120 per person
- Private Tour Zip line + Rappel: $85 per person + $100 for the group
- Private Tour Zip line + Rappel + Superman: $140 per person+ $100 for the group
- Schedule for Regular tours: 7:30 am - 1 pm
- Schedule for private tour: 9 am or 1 pm
- Featuring fully-automatic 330cc Polaris Trail Blazer and 350-330cc Yamaha Grizzly models
- Manuel Antonio and Quepos’ only fully automatic ATV tour
- Single or double rider options available
- Helmets with visor provided
- Drive through beautiful primary and secondary rainforest, and alongside the Rio Cañas
- Stop at scenic views and waterfalls for photo opportunities and swimming
- Tours can be customized to client comfort/ability level
- Fresh fruit snack and water provided during the adventure
- Homemade Costa Rican lunch included
- Long pants, swimwear, and comfortable hiking shoes recommended
- Ages 18-plus allowed to drive
Start your engines and let the adventure begin! Drive through the beautiful primary and secondary rainforest and alongside the Rio Cañas on the only fully automatic ATVs in the Quepos / Manuel Antonio area. Stop by scenic views, and waterfalls for photo opportunities and a chance to cool off in the natural pools beneath the cascades. Each driver is equipped with a motor helmet, visor and a 330cc Polaris Trailblazer (for single riders) or a 350cc Yamaha Grizzly (for double riders).
- Regular Tour: $110 single per person $140 double
- Private Tours: $140 Single, $170 double, plus $100 per the group per private reservation
- Schedule regular tour: 7:30 am, 10 am or 1 pm
- Schedule private tour: 9 am to 1 pm
A journey of unsurpassed beauty, jungle vegetation, and exploding whitewater. For the adventuresome beginner and experienced rafter, the class III rapids will have you filled with adrenaline as you paddle hard over the waves. Along the way, you will be astounded by the awesome canyons, waterfalls, and primary rainforest of Costa Rica. The Savegre River in Quepos, Manuel Antonio is a magnificent stretch of whitewater that begins its course by winding out of a sparsely inhabited valley in the mountains.
At the lower Savegre the whitewater rapids are exciting, but not so demanding that you won't have time to enjoy the Savegre's spectacular tropical scenery. This is one of the most pristine rivers in Costa Rica and is surrounded by impressive views of the primary rainforest. Lurking just behind the shroud of lush foliage, you will find a number of truly magnificent waterfalls of the Savegre's tributaries. During the trip, you will visit a waterfall and get to explore the natural swimming pools in the area surrounded by blooming heliconias.
- Professional, certified, bilingual guides
- All the professional gear required for the activity (U.S. Coast Guard approved)
- Breakfast, fruits, snacks and full lunch at our own Amigos restaurant
- Transportation to/from your hotel or home rental in the area of Quepos or Manuel Antonio. (Transportation from other locations is also available.)
What to Bring
- Swimming suit and/or shorts of a quick drying material
- Sunscreen (SPF-15 or higher)
- A complete change of clothes
- Rubber-soled shoes or old tennis shoes that stay on and can get wet. (Flip flops are not an option.)
- 8 am or 9 am, private tour, prices $130 per person
- 9 am, regular tour, prices $95 per person
MANGROVE BOAT OR KAYAK TOUR
Don't pass up the opportunity to see one of the most amazing and important ecological systems of the planet at thet Damas Island Mangrove Tour. A bilingual guide will take you through the lush mangrove, in boat or kayak, in search of wildlife like titi monkeys, sloths, and silky anteaters. You will see exotic birds such as ibis, caracará, and hummingbirds. Plenty of snakes too, including the northern bird snake, snail-eater snake, frog-eating snakes, greenvine snakes, and the fer-de-lance. You will experience firsthand the importance of such a unique ecological resource and find out how these amazing forests contribute to the formation of islands and coastline. Regular tour, $65 per person.
- Transportation round trip
- Tour across the mangrove in boat or kayak
- Wildlife observation
- Fruits and drinks
- Typical local food
MANUEL ANTONIO NATIONAL PARK TOUR
Manuel Antonio National Park is the greatest attraction of the region. The park is known for its white-sand beaches and jungle hiking trails. Visiting the park offers the chance to explore Costa Rica's diverse wildlife. A tour of the park promises adventure through Costa Rica's unique ecosystems, as well as a relaxing day on the beach.
Includes: Transportation, Snacks, fruits, drinks, and entrance fee
What to bring: Hiking shoes, bathing suit, sun block, towel, Camera, and hat
Private tours, $75 per person.
Park is open from 7 am to 4 pm